Senior Policy Adviser (Devolved Nations)
Permanent, full-time position
Location: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to opt to be based in our Belfast, Edinburgh, or Cardiff office.
£42,685.32 per annum
We are seeking to appoint a new Senior Policy Adviser (Devolved Nations) on a permanent contract. This is a key role within our health policy teams, focusing specifically on delivering policy work relating to Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
All our employees are currently working remotely, however the successful candidate will have the opportunity to opt to be based in our Belfast, Edinburgh, or Cardiff office. The role involves work for all three nations, and while much of this can be done remotely via VC etc, some travel between the nations, and to our head office in London, may be involved in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the BMA`s high-profile policy work on a range of issues relating to how healthcare is organised, funded, and delivered.
The remit for this post spans a range of topics such as NHS funding and payment models (including doctor terms and conditions), development of integrated services, medical engagement, medical workforce, public health and the impact of Brexit on healthcare delivery.
In your new role you will:
- drive forward nation-specific policy work and provide nation specific input to UK-wide policy projects, delivering both long and short-term projects to help us support our members and influence debate about the future of the NHS.
- provide expert research, analysis, and policy development on policy issues for a variety of audiences including senior staff, committees, and members
- producing briefings, guidance, and other practical support materials
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- experience of evidence-based policy development
- strong analytical, numerical, and writing skills
- sound judgement and ability to manage relationships
- to be able to confidently deliver complex policy projects and ensure they achieve impact for our members
- to have some knowledge of health policy
In return you will receive:
- competitive salary and additional flexible benefits
- 27 days holidays plus 1 company day and public holidays
- season Ticket Loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
Please apply via our website. https://www.bma.org.uk/what-we-do/working-at-the-bma/job-vacancies-at-the-bma
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 27th December 2020
Interviews will take place week commencing 11 January 2021.
Diversity monitoring: We need your support. We want to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the equal ops data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we`re encouraging a diversity of people to apply.