Job title: Policy and Public Affairs Officer
Location: Cardiff (Currently working from home)
Role: Permanent, Full time (36.5 hours)
Salary: £27,045, Grade D
- Do you have a passion for improving healthcare and the NHS?
- Would you like to work with senior leaders across the NHS?
- Are you seeking a new challenge in the health and care policy world?
- Do you want to help the NHS change people’s lives for the better?
About the role
The Welsh NHS Confederation is the national membership body representing all the organisations making up the NHS in Wales: the seven Local Health Boards, three NHS Trusts, Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW) and Digital Health and Care Wales.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive policy and public affairs professional to join our small but effective team. The role will support the organisation’s delivery of its wide range of policy and influencing activities.
The post-holder will need to be great at listening and gathering the views of our members across Wales, facilitating the sharing of best practice as well as influencing national stakeholders, including the Welsh Government and the Senedd, on behalf of members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Assistant Director to plan and project manage programmes of policy, public affairs and research.
- Undertaking research, analysis and synthesis of information from a variety of sources to inform policy development and debate.
- Delivering policy briefings, articles and consultation responses to benefit members, and using these to influence national policy.
- Providing briefings for senior NHS representatives and WNHSC colleagues and attending meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with relevant partner organisations and a network of key external contacts, including Members of the Senedd and Welsh Government officials.
- Developing and delivering bespoke public affairs support to members.
- Managing a range of projects, some with partner organisations, on key policy areas affecting our members.
- Attending internal and external meetings and events.
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly to respond to changing circumstances and we want to ensure we do as much as possible to help support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave, pension scheme, flexible working, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Please download the job description, read the application guidance and complete the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs. If you require the application form in another format please contact email@example.com.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact email@example.com or on 07884233935
Application deadline: Wednesday 7th April 2021
Interview date: Written assessment 21st April 2021 (1 hour), Interview Thursday 22nd April 2021