Ref: CE59 | Homebased, Wales | 35 hours per week
We’re looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Policy and Influencing team as our Public Affairs and Campaigns Officer in Wales.
Reporting to the Public Affairs and Campaigns Manager, and working very closely with the nation-specific Policy and Influencing Lead, you will deliver our organisation’s integrated public affairs and campaigning activity for Wales. You will plan, develop and deliver effective and strategic influencing activity to help achieve our team objectives on key issues impacting people affected by stroke.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering public affairs activity and stakeholder engagement to support the organisation’s influencing priorities
- Tracking and logging stakeholder contact and take primary responsibility for the management of political stakeholders
- Providing political monitoring and horizon scanning
- Planning and implementing campaigns and advocacy activity – both online and offline – that help to secure long-term improvements for those affected by stroke
- Attending, and supporting others to attend, meetings and events representing the Stroke Association, including developing high-quality briefings
- Spending a significant proportion of their time supporting UK-wide public affairs and campaigns activity too
You will have:
- Some experience of national or local level influencing, campaigning and advocacy
- A solid understanding of the Welsh political and health context
- Experience of undertaking policy analysis and horizon-scanning
- The ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of developing briefings for a range of audiences
Find out more in the role profile.
To fulfil the role you must abode and have the right to work in the U.K.
For further information and a link to download the role profile, see here.