Salary – £24,377 – £27,428
Permanent, part time (21 hours)
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
The Public Affairs Officer (Wales) role will help to support the Public Affairs manager in delivering our ambitious strategy to improve legislation for pets and pet owners across Wales. Working to find innovative ways to influence politicians and get them engaged and interested in pet welfare. The role involves working with others across the charity and the wider animal welfare sector to make a real difference to the nations pets.
This is a permanent part time role working 21 hours per week.
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day, then this is the role for you. Interested? Then apply and let’s work together to see if this is the role for you.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Demonstrable practical experience working in a public affairs or policy environment
• Experience of working with the Welsh Parliament
• Confident in engaging stakeholders, particularly government departments, politicians, and policy makers
• Experience of organising and running parliamentary events
• Experience of developing an influencing strategy
• Politically aware, with knowledge of parliamentary processes and procedures
It would also be great if you had:
• A broad understanding of the animal welfare policy landscape in the UK including the influencing sector groups and animal welfare key stakeholders and organisations
• Significant understanding of the institutions of the UK and devolved parliaments and the policy making processes and knowledge of the inner workings of the UK political systems.
• Awareness of key policy issues surrounding pets and pet owners
• Experience of working within cross sector animal welfare groups and forums
• Experience of working with elected officials
• Experience of managing volunteers
The interview process will consist of two stages. The first stage will be a competency-based interview, with the second stage involving a presentation. Interviews will take place week commencing 21st March.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the ‘What We Offer’ tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Salary: £24,377 – £27,428 per annum
Closing Date: 17th March 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
At Blue Cross we are passionate about our commitment to diversity, inclusion and removing barriers, should you like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or changes to our recruitment process to support you to be your best then please get in touch. You can get in touch with us either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via telephone on 01993 825515 or if you would prefer a video call then we can arrange this using Microsoft Teams.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
Find out more on the Blue Cross Website.