If you would like to become a member of PAC and take advantage of our member benefits please visit our Join page to find out how. Our constitution was updated at an Extraordinary General Meeting on 4th November 2020.
Members of PAC receive regular opportunities to attend events which are designed to raise the profile of the profession and allow us to contribute to the debate on policy in Wales. There are also opportunities for sharing experience and networking with other professionals working in public affairs. Members also receive information updates relevant to all aspects of public affairs work in Wales and have to opportunity to share their own information, event invitations and job advertisements with other members via our website.
Most importantly of all, you’ll be seen to adhere to our newly refreshed and strengthened Code of Conduct. This will help your employers, clients and those you lobby know that you abide by the highest standards. You’ll appear on our register of members, you can promote your status on CVs and the like, and your organisation can display our logo on their website.
Member benefits can include:
- Opportunities to attend all PAC events;
- Regular social events to encourage networking;
- The chance to stand or vote in elections for the Executive Committee;
- The opportunity to join sub-groups to work on specific issues relevant to PAC such as Welsh Language Policy; our PAC User Group, or developing the PAC Code of Conduct;
- Free advertising for your events and job advertisements on the PAC website; (If you have something that you would like to share with members please email our Co-Chair)
- A chance to contribute to or initiate statements on policy issues affecting public affairs in Wales;
- Discounts and opportunities for other events; and
- Access to professional development activities.
The PAC Executive also tries to negotiate regular PAC discounts at key events in the public affairs calendar such as Party Conferences. PAC members have benefited from these in the past and we will continue to try to negotiate the best deals for PAC members in the future.
All PAC members have equal voting rights at our annual general meeting where the Executive committee is elected.